Hi, I’m Catherine
A leadership strategist and codebreaker helping ambitious leaders find their essence, re-connect to their mojo, and play their best game!
LET'S BOTTOM LINE THIS...
YOU need to become your favourite topic.
You step into your greatness when you REALLY get to know yourself.
Have you landed your dream position and now realise you don’t have the right tools in the toolbox?
Are you waking up at 3 am with the monster voices in your head telling you what you should be worrying about?
Are you wondering why you haven’t already been promoted?
Have you lost your mojo? And work no longer as fun as it used to be?
Are you burnt out?
If you’ve said yes to any of these, then you are in the right place.
I feel your pain. I’ve been there. You are realising that what got you here, won’t get you to what really is your dream. And you are frustrated as heck to know what to do about it.
This isn't your first rodeo! You’ve tried all the hacks out there to be happier and more fulfilled.
- You’ve taken on board your 360 feedback – you took it on the chin like a champ.
- You’ve read the best-selling books on leadership.
- You’ve watched some fantastic TED talks.
- You’ve asked for advice from a friend or a colleague.
- You’ve set a clear intention of behaving a different way.
But really, nothing has changed.
So here’s the secret to personal mastery. This is about programming.
Our software was installed in our early developmental years. As a product of our parents, our culture, and our teachers, we’ve learned a particular way of showing up in the world. We learned what was expected of us so we could belong and feel safe in our family and community.
We are formed by a mixture of support and hard lessons.
Our identity and self-worth is intricately tied to these early social and cultural messages. Your mindset today is a result of how YOU experienced the world. And that will be different from my experience. Like a fish that doesn’t think about the water it swims in, you’ve probably not thought about this much. That’s ok!
Let’s be clear - it was the right software for the time but now it’s getting in the way. It’s like having one foot on the accelerator and another on the brake. With a lot of effort, you are still wheel spinning! You need a new install… and more than a service pack upgrade!
We are talking about a new life code release suitable for who YOU are in your life today.
LET'S DO SOME FUTURE GAZING...
Imagine a future where you wake up every day excited to do what you do.
Imagine a time when those little bastard inner critic voices are tamed.
Where life has meaning and you can really see the impact you are having in the people around you.
Where you LOVE Sundays because it means you get to do the thing you love the next day.
And when you lose your way, you know EXACTLY how to find your way back to YOUR unique path.
Like the sound of that?
Now imagine having Yoda by your side. Your personal wing-woman helps you get to the bottom of why life can feel so hard at times. Someone who can help you solve the dilemma of why change has been elusive for you.
AND shows you how to break open your leadership code so that you find your OWN unique way of navigating your life like a Jedi Master.
Well, hot diggity dog
… you came to the right place.
.....I am THAT woman.
WHO AM I?
I’m a recovering perfectionist and overachiever who is obsessed with helping people like you hone their leadership strengths and find fulfillment in becoming the purposeful leader they want to be.
I spent years lost in the wilderness of a corporate career, earning accolades, bonuses, and promotions whilst on the inside, quietly feeling ‘meh’. No matter what I accomplished professionally, it never felt quite enough. Like whack-a-mole, every target I reached was replaced by another.
If I’d had a fairy godmother, I’d have asked her to sprinkle some magic dust to help me find inspiration and purpose in my work. This clarity would give me what I needed to bounce out of bed on Mondays, free from the drag effect of ‘Sunday-itis’.
I wish now that I’d had someone on my side to descramble corporate politics, the difficult conversations, and dead ends. With someone to help me find my path, I know I would have shone from the inside out.
Fast forward to today, and I want to be the person I needed when I was in leadership.
I am the ally, champion, and decoder for leaders and changemakers who want to lead like they really care about a positive impact.
I'm a truthteller with an eagle eye for patterns and themes
My secret sauce is 20 years of leadership experience....
+ the courage to throw myself over the edge
+ a sense of humour
+ a passion for pragmatism
+ deep skills in personal, social and systems intelligence
So what's my leadership code?
I've done many personality/profile tests over the years. Here's a little insight:
1. Strengths finder
- Relater: enjoy connecting with people in deep and meaningful ways
- Strategic – able to spot patterns and themes like an eagle tracking prey
- Input- another way to say I love learning and collect information like a magpie
- Positivity – mostly upbeat and enthusiastic (until I’m not and then I get a little dark)
- Individualisation – a gift in working out the unique gifts of each human being
2. Myers Briggs: ENFJ although borderline extravert and introvert. Headline characteristics are warm, forthright, opinionated, and passionate about people.
3. Belbin team role: Co-ordinator, team-worker, specialist
4. Leadership Circle Profile (my fave 360 tool): a mix of creative tendencies with a big dose of protect. It's hard for me to really let you in.
5. Sparketype – Advisor with secondary of Maven, which means I prefer depth with a few people over a long time and get real joy when my advice/perspective/space holding supports people to make life changes.
BEYOND BEING A LEADERSHIP CODEBREAKER AND LEARNING ADDICT...
I’ve never watched the movie, Titanic.
And I never will!
- I live in Hampshire, England, with an old, stubborn Jack Russel who sets the day’s agenda
- I’m an only child and no, I never wanted a sibling
- Before Covid craziness, you could find me on a Friday night DJ’ing for a local conscious dance group
- I am known for my carbo-loading tea parties and getting my friends to play games like pass-the-parcel
- Favourite superhero character this year: Yoda.. (have you seen baby Yoda in Madolorian?)
- When I am not coaching, I’m reading (or buying more books) or plotting the next dance workshop
- I hate Brussel sprouts, Christmas (capitalism at its worst), and reggae music
- I love poetry, drumming, superheroes, and macaroni cheese